About Us

Brandberg Services is a small firm providing accounting and taxation services to a broad range of clients across Namibia. We aim to provide superior client service and build long-term client relationships. As your certified accountants, we are here to ensure that all your financial decisions are made carefully and with your best interest in mind.

Our mission is to help our clients prosper by providing them with a wide array of professional business and individual services to help them better manage their finances and employees.

We are passionate about what we do and believe that relationships can only flourish where open communication exists. We build relationships with our clients, and want to be perceived as helpful.

Brandberg Office

What we offer

Accounting Services

For companies, we prepare Annual Financial Statements and audit support schedules and then liaise with the auditors to complete the audit function.

Bookkeeping Services

We assist clients with all their financial administration, either at the client’s premises or in our offices. This includes processing of bookkeeping data, submission of VAT returns and monthly management accounts.

Accounting Officer

We are licensed to act as Accounting Officer for Close Corporations. Every Close Corporation needs to appoint an Accounting Officer in terms of the Close Corporation Act.

Tax Representative

Corporate organisations and individual taxpayers are assisted to comply with the legislation of all Income and Value Added Taxes. Our Services provide comprehensive support with monthly, periodic and annual tax returns.

Company Secretarial Services

We deal with all formalities to constitute and maintain a legal entity.
Very professional and friendly, great response time and advise on the best actions to take on important matters.
Jared Matthews
Founder & CEOMFG Design
For proffesional, personalised service at a competing rate, contact Brandberg Services.
Hester Sanderson

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do some individual submit their final tax return in June and others only in September?

There are to different types of individual tax payers. Normal Individual Tax Payers have to submit a final tax return annually by 30 June of each year. Provisional Tax Payers submit two Provisional tax returns and a Final Return by 30 September each year.

When should an individual register as an Individual Tax Payer?

Any person earning taxable income in excess of N$5 000 per annum (i.e. income less expenses) that is not received in the form of remuneration (i.e. salary from employer) is required to register as a provisional taxpayer. In addition any director of a private company (including members of close corporations) are also required to register as provisional taxpayers.

If I have a housing allowance, how much may I deduct for income tax purposes?

One-third of the allowance will not be subject to tax, the benefit will be limited to your actual monthly rental or bond payment. It is important to note that the tax benefit is only available if the employer has a housing scheme registered with the Directorate of Inland Revenue.

When making use of a company-owned vehicle for private purposes, how is the taxable amount determined for the right of private use?

1.5% per month of the cost price of the vehicle (including VAT, excluding finance charges), if the employer bears all the running costs;

1.4% per month of the cost price of the vehicle (including VAT, excluding finance charges), if the employee bears all the fuel costs and the employer bears all the other costs.

Do you provide accounting services to Windhoek based clients only?

We have clients all over Namibia, from Katima all the way down to Keetmanshoop and at the coast in Walvis Bay.

Shaun van wyk Manager

Latest news